Parking Design Consulting
• Basic layout of parking configuration with required dimensions for vehicle circulation and proper turning maneuverability.
• Design of ramping system including traffic capacity, ramp slope, required transition slopes, ramp dimensions, etc.
• Coordination with the structural engineer for impact of columns, shear walls and other structural elements on the parking layout.
• Recommend location and copy for traffic directional signage.
• ecommendations for security, both passive and active, in cooperation with the design team and owner’s security personnel.
• Recommendations for parking and revenue control.
Review of parking level drainage design.
• Review of parking lighting and electrical design.
Assist with code analysis for the parking portion of the project.
Parking Lighting Design/Lighting Retrofits
• For existing parking structure projects, measure the existing luminescence to benchmark light levels and determine compliance to existing lighting standards.
• Recommend enhancements to the existing lighting, if necessary.
• Evaluate the most cost effective lighting system based on Illuminating Engineering Society Standards.
• Provide computerized photo-metric analysis of the recommended lighting system.
• Provide a life cycle cost analysis of alternate lighting options considering fixture cost, installation cost, long term operational cost, and potential lighting rebates.
Automated – Robotic Vehicle Parking Storage/Retrieval Systems
• Provide schematic design of parking configuration.
• Based upon peak hour traffic arrivals and departures determine number of entry/exit compartments, number of transport devices and number of lifts required.
• Provide performance specifications including maximum storage and retrieval times.
• Assist with pre-qualifying automated parking suppliers and obtaining bids from those suppliers.
• Assist with coordination of the automated parking system installation requirements with the design of the building shell.
• Assist with negotiations with the building department and fire department regarding life safety features and code requirements.
• Assist with commissioning of the completed project.
Parking Expert Witness Testimony
• With regard to expert witness testimony for personal injury parking litigation in parking garages, determine whether poor lighting was a contributing factor to the incident based on lighting industry standards and target visibility calculations.
• Participate in depositions.
• Provide expert testimony in court.